Our 5 days summer camp aims to offer children a great time through yoga asanas, music, stories and activities. While the fun quotient is very high, we also ensure that children tune into the following:
1. Awareness of the breath: Different games and techniques used to connect how their bodies feel as a result of deep breathing. Focus increases, as does their breathing and lung capacity.
2. Strengthening and energizing: Yoga not only brings strength in the body but also in the mind. We ensure that we include conversations or stories, as well as exercises around how helpful yoga is for building strength.
3. Balancing: Balancing poses teach children that with increased focus, you can increase attention naturally, even in kids who struggle with different attention challenges. Poses and games focused on balancing skills, develop an intrinsic strength, evoke a meditative feeling, and promote stillness and quieting of the mind.
4. Stretching and lengthening: It's great for kids to be strong, but a body that's only based on strength has no way to yield under pressure. Strong muscles without accompanying flexibility can't move quickly, pulling on bones and joints. Yoga poses stretch muscles and through integrating breathing and movement, muscles become warm and become more flexible.
5. Meditation and relaxation: Its amazing how after an hour of excitement, yoga poses and general activity time, the kids truly relax on their mats and our guided meditation/music helps them get into that meditative state.